The HTC Butterfly is impeccably designed and beautiful to look at. It stands between phablet and smartphone territory because of its amazing features. HTC Butterfly is one of the first phone with full HD display. There are three versions in Butterfly series J Butterfly, Droid DNA and Butterfly Deluxe. This trilogy is equipped with micro SD Card slot, waterproof display and wireless charging.
It was released into the smartphone market on 9th December, 2012. This is developed and designed by HTC. It is equipped with Quad-core 1.5 GHz snapdragon S4 Pro-processor, 2030mAh battery, 8MP Camera / 1080p video recording and Android version 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Design: This butterfly is 9.1 thick, which makes it a little bulkier than the ‘One’ Series from HTC. The curved and tapering edges of the device make it very comfortable to hold. This handset fits comfortably in the hand, you can easily carry around. Its 5 inch display and 140 grams weight are similar to the Samsung’s S III, but it is quite comfortable to handle. The black panel has a glossy finish to it. While it makes the phone look gorgeous, it also makes the phone highly prone to smudges. Its slim profile can easily slide into most pockets, despite its size.
- Screen: This smartphone rose to popularity because of its amazing screen. It is the first phone in the world to have a 5 inch 1080p, Super LCD 3, corning gorilla glass display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The pixel density of 441ppi will showcase amazing display when compared to its competitors. However, you probably won’t find much difference between the resolution of the 720 p screen and HTC’s 1080p display unless you look at the two up close. Sharpness and brightness is a real attraction here. The smooth display feels great to use.
- Storage and Connectivity: Micro SIM which has become a standard for the recent smartphone release is part of this wonderful phone. HTC Butterfly is backed by HSDPA 850/2100 and GSM 850/900/1800/1900. The Wi-Fi performance and speed is amazing when put to test. It also supports DLNA and Wi-Fi direct spot.
- Sound and music quality: It is equipped with A2DP and Bluetooth 4.0 which is best suitable for wireless speakers and headphones. HTC Butterfly supports all sound formats like WAVs, WMA, eAAC+ and MP3. TuneIn Radio and Soundhound are the most advanced music option. TuneIn Radio is an online radio which offers wide range of channels and Soundhound is music recognition software. This phone is equipped with audio branding which enables beats of audio while listening to songs. Enjoy sharper vocals, deeper bass and detailed notes with Beats Audio.
- Camera: Capture every moment with 8 megapixel camera with a resolution of up to 3264×2448 and comes with LED flash and autofocus. There is a wide range of customisations in camera settings like Self Timer, video quality, white adjustment, camera interface and continuous shooting.
- Battery life: The battery capacity increased from 2100mAH to 2020mAH still lacks the desired battery performance. It offers 15 hours of battery life which is quite low than Galaxy S III. HTC Butterfly has become the most coveted device for many smartphone lovers because of its full HD entertainment, amazing camera, authentic sound, sophisticated design and powerful Quad-Core processor.
You can use your credit card to purchase this wonderful; ensure that it is insured with payment protection insurance. If you are unable to pay credit card bills due to unemployment or disability, PPIclaims will get activated to compensate you.
Karen Ford is a blogger from UK , she loves to blog on Gadget reviews.